Search This Blog

Thursday 22 November 2012

Hate Screen Protectors, But Want To Protect Your Screen? Try Liquid Armor


Hate Screen Protectors, But Want To Protect Your Screen? Try Liquid Armor

Personally, I hate screen protectors. You can never get them on right. They bubble up no matter how hard you try to push out the air. Pocket lint eventually gets stuck to the edges. The thin sheet of clear plastic, polyurethane, or whatever those things are made from, is not worth the effort. What I hate more than screen protectors is a scratched up screen. Because of that, I’ll slap that clear sticker onto any and all of my devices, right after I get them.
Recently, I found out about Liquid Armor Invisible Screen Protector from Dynaflo. It is a spray chemical that you apply to your device, which coats and protects it just as good as traditional screen protection film.
I know what you are thinking, “No way am I going to spray some chemical all over my brand new phone. Who knows what will happen to it. Luckily, you have AppAdvice to make those mistakes for you. Think of us as your food tester.
Liquid Armor uses “nano-coating” technology to coat your device’s screen and Dynoflo promises that the results offer two times the strength of standard screen protection film.
The package comes with a 0.33-ounce container of Liquid Armor nano-coating, two specially designed microfiber cloths (one for your iPhone and one for your iPad) and the instructions.
IMG_0267
The first thing you will need to do is turn off your device. Then, clean the glass screen thoroughly with the included microfiber cloth. Each cloth is double-sided. One side is smooth for removing fingerprints. The other side is textured for dust removal.
After you’ve cleaned your device, squirt between two and five sprays onto your microfiber cloth, depending on whether you are using it on an iPhone or an iPad. Wipe the chemical onto the screen and let it sit for 10 minutes. After the time is up, you can turn on your device and start using it.
Liquid Armor 2
At first, the screen will feel a little weird. Not sticky, but resistant. There is a noticeable film on the screen. That is the nano-coating spray. It shouldn’t be wiped off for 24 hours. After a day, you can rub your iPhone or iPad’s screen as much as you like. The screen will be coated and the film will be gone.
The real question is, does it work?
I first tried Liquid Armor on my old iPhone. That is, I was too nervous to spray some unknown stuff on my brand new iPhone 5, so I experimented on my iPhone 3GS. I was so pleased with the results that I immediately used it on my iPod touch and iPad. After three weeks with great success, I finally applied Dynaflo’s Liquid Armor to my new iPhone and don’t regret it.
When it comes to fingerprints and dust. Liquid Armor wins big. The coating used makes it unbelievably easy to wipe off even the worst mess of fingerprints. I let my 4-year-old nephew play with my iPad after he had eaten a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Admittedly, the jelly took some extra buffing out, but my iPad looked brand new when I was done.
IMG_0266
I purposefully didn’t put Liquid Armor on my iPhone 5 until very recently. I needed something to compare. Instead, I put a screen protection film on it. You know, the sticky sheet of clear plastic that bubbles up. Every day, I cleaned both my iPhone 5 and my iPad. The iPad wiped clean with just a few strokes. I didn’t have to use any pressure or extra effort, even though my iPad gets covered in fingerprints due to my constant use. The iPhone 5 with screen protection film collected dust and fingerprints like crazy. No matter how much I buffed the screen, a light smudge always remained. I would usually fog it up with my hot breath in order to see any real results removing fingerprints.
When it comes to Dynaflo’s claim that Liquid Armor will protect against scratches and normal wear, it is harder to tell. For one thing, the iPhone and iPad are made with Gorilla Glass, which is already scratch resistant. For another, who is going to purposely scratch their phone in order to see how well it works?
I did.
Using my old iPhone 3GS, I took a pair of household scissors and rubbed them all over the screen. There were scratches left behind on the screen, a lot of them. However, when I buffed the screen with the included microfiber cloth, all of the new scratches went away, all of them. Unfortunately, Liquid Armor doesn’t get rid of old scratches that you had before.  However, the new scratches successfully buffed out with just a bit of rubbing.
I did not experiment with Liquid Armor in a “normal wear and tear” kind of way on my phone. Like I mentioned, I only put the nano-coating on my iPhone 5 recently. It would take months of putting my phone in my pocket, purse, and everywhere else that could potentially scratch it, in order to know for sure how well the protection works.
However, I use my iPad a lot. I take it with me where ever I go. I keep it in a sleeve when traveling, but the tablet gets worked. I took it with me camping and got dust all over it. I took it with me on a road trip and got my sweaty, unwashed hands all over it. Every time I cleaned the screen, all of the day’s muck just disappeared.
IMG_0269
The small bottle of Liquid Armor costs $24.99. The price may seem steep for a simple screen proctor. However, think about how many devices you can use this on. Basically, anything with a glass screen, including your desktop computer and wide-screen television set can be protected using Liquid Armor. Not only that, but the chemical lasts for up to six months with a single application. You are set for screen protection for decades. You don’t have to get a new size with each new model of phone or tablet because Liquid Armor is a one-size-fits-all deal.
I highly recommend this amazing screen protection coating for anyone that hates traditional screen protectors, but still wants to keep their screen in good condition. Pick it up from the company’s website today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews